ummm, is there any chance of a connection being made between you not having dates and your choice of places to take dates that you could possibly make and then perhaps learn a little something from? not that im saying home depot isnt a damn spiffy place to take a datee, i myself have been on many a fine home depot nite scoutings and love makings, its just that you know, its just such a cliche spot and all...you dont want to run it into the ground like that whole lovers lane bit!
2001-07-23 10:09 am (UTC)
Re: friendly advice perhaps
Here's a small list of other reasons why Roy doesn't have dates:
1. big head
3. unable to speak in complete sentences in public
4. unreasonable expections
5. losing battle against facial hair
6. keeps starting conversations with "I'd rather be dying"
7. propensity to wear ill-fitting suits
8. god hates him
9. hangs out with Wes, who, being a sexxy motherfucker, steals all his girls
10. covered in cat fur
11. being able to play half of "deep in the heart of Texas" on a concertina is not a turn-on.
12. Girls just don't hang out at Tivoli or Irish pubs that much.
13. incapable of asking anyone out, since he's never really done so, always previously depending on friendship to evolve into a relationship.
And much much more!
2001-07-23 12:18 pm (UTC)
Re: friendly advice perhaps
1. your head isnt all that big
2. dough taste good
3. complete sentences are highly
4. red hair, ksinny, mst3k liking, half lesbian girls may not be as unreasonable as you think
5. come on...i mean who really wants a baby's ass next to theirs
6. ive heard worse ice breakers, example: hi im bisexual
7. man in a suit is wheres its at
8. true dat
9. he has no girls. mind you he could, but like a few others lacks esteem of self.
10. kitties are cute and fun
11. yes but it may get you a job in the circus
12. not even irish girls? strange
13. get some friends then my brutha
Then some words of advice: don't concentrate on what's "wrong". Don't concentrate on what's "right", either. They'll fuck your shit right up. Let the spirit guide you, Squawking Eagle.
2001-07-23 03:53 pm (UTC)
I TOLD YOU I DIDN'T MEAN IT LIKE THAT, DAMN IT.
(by the way, excellent choice of what to reflect on about the evening.)
I can't believe you would tell our friend Roy he has a big head!!!!
Hmmmmm, are you happy Ms. Mayzie? The vague obscurity of the undertones i'm reading in your post point to a soul frought with anguish. Of course that may just be this mirror next to my computer confusing my reslut. Oh is that my soul? nevermind! But, if you do need a little joy in your life you should come Friday and see PubCrawler at Riley's. WE're gonna get Roy drunk and bring his Concertina and see if he'll get on stage. he doesn't know this yet though. Hmmmm, I sure hope he doesn't read his journal.
1. Tonka tough
3. eloquent in private, where it counts
4. who needs reason?
5. board game pitch: RISKers. Conquer Roy's face using legions of green, blue, or red plastic hair tufts.
6. Change line to the more romantic "I'd rather be dying at your house" or the bolder "I'd rather be dying, preferably from exposure " This should get things going.
7. Clothes don't make the man. The man makes...the clothes?
8. who needs god?
9. wes sez rubble rubble, makes off with roy's girls
10. advertises cuddly nature for free...not a bad deal
11. Learn some Herb Alpert, you'll be set.
12. Suggest a ladies night promotion to your favorite rough-riding tough-talking Irish Pub. Or start one at HD43.
13. Martha says try a little lemon juice.
2001-07-23 10:45 pm (UTC)
And you will know by the trail of Roy's dead cars
2001-07-30 07:54 am (UTC)
Re: And you will know by the trail of Roy's dead cars
Just really like it. Wish i knew anything more about the band.
2001-07-24 07:32 am (UTC)
Re: friendly advice perhaps
I must take issue with number 9.
Wes is NOT, I repeat NOT sexy in any way shape or form.
If you want someone to take girls, you should hang with Colin. I've never seen anyone who has so many women on him at any given time.
Besides, if I got all these girls, where the hell are they!? ;-)
I felt this post merited a response. Although I'm not sure what kind of response. So I'll just type random Sifl & Olly quotes and say that... you're quite silly. Umm.. umm.. i thought I was going to be able to say something else, but I lost my nerve. so.. nevermind.
"If we outlaw cloning, only outlaws will have clones."
"Fake blood, you rock me like the real thing."
"You've got some serious-ass tugging gently on your hamsters problems, Sifl."
"I'm a ninja, it's your birthday."
OH MY GOD. I went to that girl's journal.. um.. chiclet.. AND I KNOW HER. well, sort of. She is the mortal enemy of my dear sweet ex boyfriend. And what's really weird about her is that we've never actually met, but people I know keep leading me to her. Like you, or this girl I went to boarding school with who advised her when she started boingy-boingy.com
. And callie used to be like, "Oh, you're moving to Austin, I have an online friend who lives there." And then I heard about her through Gabe but I never made the connection until late in the year. And now this. ARGH.
2001-07-26 05:58 pm (UTC)
I know this is terribly random and silly, but I must say that from reading your livejournal I find you delightful. So there.
I thank thee most kindly. Yet you remain a mystery to me. Oh, stranger in the shadows, shall you ne'er reveal your face?
2001-08-01 11:33 am (UTC)
As a stranger I prefer to remain in shadow...strangers in the light often turn out to be too strange for some. But do take care.