|The south will rise again
||[May. 22nd, 2002|09:23 pm]
Scott, Angela, Mindy, and I went and scoped out the two final contenders. Everyone liked both houses, but my feeling (and happily enough, their's) was that the South Austin home is the one to go for, because of the neighborhood and the park across the street. While we were there, the young neighbors across the street were rolling in some amps from their truck. So South wins. If there aren't any secret deals in the works, I will hopefully be acquiring 1110 Fieldcrest Dr. Austin, TX 78704:|
I guess the ball will get started rolling tomorrow.
So here's how it goes down:
1. We make an offer
2. They either accept or counter-offer (up the price and make modifications to our stipulations)
3. Repeat steps 1 & 2 until they accept.
4. We cut an "earnest money check" which is typically 1% of the cost, as a deposit of sorts to prove we really want it.
5. A 10 day offering period begins, when I can still pull out without losing much money.
6. We get the house inspected to make sure that there's not much frightening stuff going on.
7. If everything's okay, we close. This is where EVERYONE gets together, banks exchange big fat checks, they cut me a loan, I get the title, and I pay closing costs (about 9000 dollars).
8. I give up alcohol, in an effort to prevent James (who will live close by) from giving me alcohol poisoning.
9. I take possession.
10. I spend all free time at the 503 Coffee Shop, which is distressingly close.
sorry to butt in here and ask a silly question about things, but i figured you might be inclined to perhaps indulge a little tangent information. what do closing costs pay for? are they more like a down payment portion or do you actually fork over that money to the real estate agents for finding your house or is it permits or what? what are closing costs?
2002-05-22 08:03 pm (UTC)
thanks, very informative
Looks like a pretty sweet place...FOR A SOUTHIE!
So, is Pubcrawler gonna play your housewarming party?
The south side is where it is at.
so is this where i will be living?
and i so wanted to be a northie, oh well slave ownership isn't all that bad, is it?
anyway roy drop me a line to discuss.
I didn't think owning Krauts counted as owning slaves?