I guess the ball will get started rolling tomorrow.
So here's how it goes down:
1. We make an offer
2. They either accept or counter-offer (up the price and make modifications to our stipulations)
3. Repeat steps 1 & 2 until they accept.
4. We cut an "earnest money check" which is typically 1% of the cost, as a deposit of sorts to prove we really want it.
5. A 10 day offering period begins, when I can still pull out without losing much money.
6. We get the house inspected to make sure that there's not much frightening stuff going on.
7. If everything's okay, we close. This is where EVERYONE gets together, banks exchange big fat checks, they cut me a loan, I get the title, and I pay closing costs (about 9000 dollars).
8. I give up alcohol, in an effort to prevent James (who will live close by) from giving me alcohol poisoning.
9. I take possession.
10. I spend all free time at the 503 Coffee Shop, which is distressingly close.